What's this blog all about? Felix! And...

Anniversary (2) Asthma (3) Autumn (9) Baby (4) Birth (9) Boyz (3) Car (5) Christmas (2) Dexter (2) Ezra (7) Family (29) Family Pic (13) Felix (6) Friends (1) Funny (1) General Mills (3) Grandma Beverly (14) Grandma Hall (9) Grandpa Arnold (2) Grandpa Hall (5) Helping (1) Home Birth (2) Homemaking (1) Internet (2) Jennie (1) LA (1) LDS (1) Learning (1) Life Decisions (2) Love (4) MBA (13) MFT (6) Michigan (18) Minnesota (17) Mischief (5) Moving (11) Musings (13) Nauvoo (1) Newborn (8) NYC (7) Ohio (19) Pregnancy (12) Random (3) Shakespears (4) Smiling (3) Spring (3) Steinway (4) Summer (15) Talking (1) Tender Mercy (4) Toys (3) Utah (10) Vacation (16) Vanessa (1) Video (6) Winter (2) Yoga (1)

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Brian, Meet Your New Boss...


And, allow me to introduce you to your new coworkers...

That's right, Brian has accepted a job as an Associate Marketing Manager at General Mills!!!!!
We are in complete and total shock. It really has just barely begun to sink in. A complete answer to prayers (thank you SO much to everyone who prayed for us, or even just sent your empathy for our situation!)

It's an absolute dream job, in every way. He'll start in mid-Jan, so right after the holidays we'll be heading to Minneapolis . (Mills has its headquarters in Golden Valley, just west of downtown).
Brian is on cloud nine, and I'm thrilled out of my mind too! I am so, so, so glad that Brian didn't give up on his dream. Felix still thinks we're heading to Pittsburgh, but he's starting to say "Minnin-napowis!" when we ask him where we'll be moving to. He calls Minnesota, "Minne-snow-ta", which is probably more accurate.

Oh, and speaking of the cold... ummm, all I can say is that I haven't let myself think about the weather yet. Ignorance is bliss, right? But really, who moves to a tundra state in the middle of January

Anyhow, let's hear it for BRIAN, General Mills' newest AMAZING MARKETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Natalie said...

YAY! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

My sister-in-law's sister's husband (got that?) works at General Mills in Minnesota, but they're being transferred out to Boston in January for a while so I guess you'll just miss them!

Yummy free snacks for you guys!

Sharon said...

What wonderful news for your family! You're all missed in Ann Arbor but I'm sure they'll love you in Minnesota! Go Brian!

Megan and Jeremy said...

SWEETNESS!!! I am so glad Laura, Jeremy & I will talk about you guys all night and how awesome this is and how great it is that you guys held out and waited for that perfect job!!! Congrats to Brian!!

We definitely need to talk on the phone and you can fill me in on all the other details. Oh, and I'm pretty sure according to all reliable maps on and off line the best way to Minneapolis is straight through good ol' Ann Arbor ;-)

Laurie Wilcox said...

Congratulations!!! Speaking from someone currently residing in the "tundra" it isn't so bad (this year ;0). It's been reported that this is like the second most mild winter in Minnesota. That was up until December... now there is no denying it is winter. The good news is that we've only had school canceled once so far. LOL And even though there is SOOOOOOOO much winter gear to put on, the kiddos love to play outside (as long as the windchill isn't too low). My only complaints about winter play are all of the puddles that find there way into my entry way (I hate wet socks). In all seriousness, Minneapolis is a great city. I think you guys will love it. Plus it doesn't hurt that Brian got the job of his dreams! There is nothing better than having a husband love their job! Good luck with the January move!

Natalie said...

That is so exciting. I have been wondering how the job thing was going. You guys knew things would work out and they did. Way to go!!!

Jill said...

Wahoo! Laura & Brian, we're so happy for you! Your perspective and endurance have been amazing! I hope you're celebrating! Good luck with the move!

Jenna and Jarett said...

CONGRATS! That's so exciting! I know Brian will do a great job--and enjoy doing it at the same time. :)

Your boys are so CUTE! I can't believe how big they're getting! I think Ezra is as big as Felix was last time I saw you guys. My how time flies!

Kerri said...

Wow! That's awesome! It was great to peek in on you guys with those adorable boys. Way to go making it through--doesn't it almost feel like yesterday that we lived down the street? Awww, the good ol' days :) We miss ya.

Laurel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We talked about it, we prayed about it, and it came to pass!!!! I am soo happy for you!! Send all the sugary cereal to MY house!! Felix and Ezra wont know what they are missing until they are older ;). My particular favorite is Lucky Charms :). But any name brand cereal is a big bonus at my house. Lucky you to enjoy such a sweet family experiences and food! :)
HUGS! Love you!! Can't wait to talk!

Heather said...

Congratulations on getting your dream job. I will make sure to keep buying General Mills foods :)