What's this blog all about? Felix! And...

Anniversary (2) Asthma (3) Autumn (9) Baby (4) Birth (9) Boyz (3) Car (5) Christmas (2) Dexter (2) Ezra (7) Family (29) Family Pic (13) Felix (6) Friends (1) Funny (1) General Mills (3) Grandma Beverly (14) Grandma Hall (9) Grandpa Arnold (2) Grandpa Hall (5) Helping (1) Home Birth (2) Homemaking (1) Internet (2) Jennie (1) LA (1) LDS (1) Learning (1) Life Decisions (2) Love (4) MBA (13) MFT (6) Michigan (18) Minnesota (17) Mischief (5) Moving (11) Musings (13) Nauvoo (1) Newborn (8) NYC (7) Ohio (19) Pregnancy (12) Random (3) Shakespears (4) Smiling (3) Spring (3) Steinway (4) Summer (15) Talking (1) Tender Mercy (4) Toys (3) Utah (10) Vacation (16) Vanessa (1) Video (6) Winter (2) Yoga (1)

Monday, April 04, 2011

Bright Boy

This morning, Felix and I decided to make banana nut oat bran muffins for breakfast. While they were baking, I wrote out some sentences to see if he could read them:
Spring is fun!
I love to splash in puddles.
My new rain boots are bright green.
My jacket is red.
Ezra has green boots too and a yellow jacket.
I was pretty surprised--he read everything perfectly! I only had to give him a hint on two vowels and tell him that the "gh" in bright was silent. Impressive, little guy.

I had been figuring that when he was "reading" books to me that they were memorized, because he doesn't sound things out much out loud. But I guess he really is truly reading! (I can't take too much credit for this, I've helped him here and there, but he really has just taken off on his own.)

It really is amazingly fun to watch your child learn and develop, isn't it?

3 comments:

Monica Schneck said...

Way to go, Felix!

Karalynn said...

Wow, how old is he?

Brian, Laura, Felix & Ezra said...

Felix turned 4 in Dec. He won't be in kindergarten for another year and a half... I'm a little worried about him being bored when he gets there...?