What's this blog all about? Felix! And...

Anniversary (2) Asthma (3) Autumn (9) Baby (4) Birth (9) Boyz (3) Car (5) Christmas (2) Dexter (2) Ezra (7) Family (29) Family Pic (13) Felix (6) Friends (1) Funny (1) General Mills (3) Grandma Beverly (14) Grandma Hall (9) Grandpa Arnold (2) Grandpa Hall (5) Helping (1) Home Birth (2) Homemaking (1) Internet (2) Jennie (1) LA (1) LDS (1) Learning (1) Life Decisions (2) Love (4) MBA (13) MFT (6) Michigan (18) Minnesota (17) Mischief (5) Moving (11) Musings (13) Nauvoo (1) Newborn (8) NYC (7) Ohio (19) Pregnancy (12) Random (3) Shakespears (4) Smiling (3) Spring (3) Steinway (4) Summer (15) Talking (1) Tender Mercy (4) Toys (3) Utah (10) Vacation (16) Vanessa (1) Video (6) Winter (2) Yoga (1)

Thursday, March 10, 2011

So Sweet to Me

I love it when Brian is home to put the kids to bed with me. The routine is much more enjoyable, and I'm able to admire not only my cute kids (why are kids twice as cute in jammies?), but also my husband in his father role. Love him!

After changing into pjs, brushing teeth, reading scriptures, and saying family and kids' prayers, we will each take a kid and tuck them in. But for Ezra this means tossing him (with blankie and mouse) into his crib and bidding him adieu--maybe pausing for a toddler smooch before turning off the light.

For Felix, on the other hand, "tucking him in" has come to mean: hearing all about an adventure he had that day with puppy (fav. stuffed animal), the intricate workings of some body part (like the kidneys), and/or his plans for the next morning's breakfast; reading 2 bedtime stories (with 6 questions per page, and corrections if I leave out a word); more pressing life questions as he climbs into bed and requests that his blanket be flattened and pristinely tucked in; and a complex call-and-response style exchange of good-nights/I love yous/sweet dreams/and see you tomorrows.

Incredibly endearing and precious. But a bit time consuming!

So you can guess which kid Brian and I usually vie for.

Well, tonight after prayers, Felix warmed my heart with little conversation:
L: "Felix, who do you want to tuck you in? Mommy or DADDY!!!!"
F: "Mommy!"
L: "Oh, but Daddy is so fun, and he does awesome sound effects when he reads books."
F: "Oh, I want you, Mommy, because you're so sweet to me!"

Smitten!

4 comments:

Tish said...

What a little sweetie! Love moments like this!

Carly said...

Does that picture mean you bought a CAMERA? gasp

ohiosupermom said...

This brought tears to my eyes. So precious.You are such a good patient mom and are in turn blessed by the love you give as it reflects back to you. Savor the moments! I sure love and miss you. So glad for cameras and blogs and internet to bridge the distance! Please hug your boys on my behalf and let them know how much their Granny loves them:)

Megan and Jeremy said...

My heart is melting-that is the cutest thing ever, who could ever resist that??? Felix you're a stud!

I've been going through all of our pictures for a birthday project for Jeremy & I've come across some cute ones of Felix & Hyrum!